This weekend is Mother’s Day, as I’m sure you already know. Sunday is the one day out of the year that it’s nationally encouraged to shower your Mom with gifts and affection. Moms are just the best. They created you with their own flesh, and shared their bodies with you for 9 months.This should be reason enough to owe them everything and live to show your appreciation. But in case you need a few other reasons, here are 10.
An average newborn goes through 300 diapers in their first month alone. Mom has changed so many diapers in your life, and she’s wiped your butt repeatedly. Appreciate.
2. PB&J’sMom makes the best peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. She might have even cut the crust off for you. Chef Mom supplies and oversees your nutrition. Your health is her No. 1 priority.
3. Jam handsYou know what comes after those awesome PB&J’s? Sticky hands; sticky everything really. As you munched down, that jam got all over your face and spread to everything you touched after lunch. Mom was your clean-up crew, and she was happy to do it.
Mom woke in the middle of the night to the sound of your cries. She could tell if you were hungry, thirsty or wet. She stayed up countless nights soothing you when it was none of those things and you wouldn’t stop crying. Mom doesn’t need sleep to use her special Mom powers.
For a while there, every shirt your Mom owned had spit up all over it. She cleaned up vomit from your bed, your car seat, your clothes and so many more places she wished you hadn’t thrown up. She’s your janitor as well as your caregiver.
6. BloodEvery time you had a scraped knee or a bloody nose, she was there with a Band-Aid and some tissues. She was your at-home nurse, and she knew exactly what detergent got the stain out of your clothes.
7. Big earsMom always listens. She’s heard each and every complaint, whine, exclamation and inquiry. She’s your soundboard. Mom really does want to hear about your day, and she’s the person you can always talk to…about anything.
8. TaxiMom picked you up from school, drove you to soccer practice, car-pooled your friends to the movies and never eavesdropped on those backseat conversations. And then Mom would stop at the drive-in for milkshakes, for no reason at all.
9. Teenage angstYou put her through hell for a few years in high school. She knew you didn’t really mean it when you told her you hated her. She had faith that it was just a phase. Mom always came to save the day, even when the principal called to tell her you came to school with ripped jeans, again.
10. CheckbookMom bought everything you ever owned as a child. She paid for your first speeding ticket, and your college text books. She covered your rent that one time things were tight and conveniently forgot you promised to pay her back. She is your financial aid and your money advisor.
Feeling grateful yet? Give your Mom the best this Sunday. Tell her just how much you love and appreciate her. She already knows, but she never gets tired of hearing it.
Don’t forget to do a little shopping. Now through Monday, enjoy 20% off our entire site with the coupon code MOMSLOVEKYTE.
Written By Dani Haberly