One of the best parts of summer is enjoying delicious meals with your family. Your favorite fruits and veggies are in season, and you can’t wait to introduce them to your toddler! Sometimes, it can be difficult to convince your toddler to try a new food. Fortunately, we have collected 5 easy, healthy recipes that your toddler won’t be able to resist!
Fruit & Yogurt Pops
This is a great recipe for introducing your toddler to different fruits. The yogurt in this recipe provides your toddler with plenty of protein, which makes for a delicious and filling snack!
- 1 large container of any flavor yogurt (strawberry, blueberry, vanilla- so many possibilities!)
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup strawberries, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- In a large bowl, mix together kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Place fruit mixture in popsicle molds.
- Pour yogurt into the popsicle molds, making sure that it covers the fruit mixture.
- Insert popsicle sticks, place in freezer, and enjoy a few hours later!
Mini Zucchini Pizzas
This recipe is a healthy alternative to pizza bites. Introduce your toddler to a healthy summer squash by serving them one of their favorite foods- pizza!
- 4 zucchini, sliced into ¼” thick slices
- 3 Tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small jar of marinara sauce
- Your favorite pizza toppings, such as: mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, pepperonis, olives, or peppers.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place zucchini slices on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Bake the zucchini for 5 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on each zucchini slice, and then add the desired toppings.
- Bake the zucchini pizzas for 10 minutes. (Recipe inspiration from Delish)
Avocados are loaded with potassium, folate, and B vitamins! Your toddler will enjoy this tasty salsa that is full of vitamins and nutrients.
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 avocados, peeled, cored, and diced
- 3 ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine diced tomatoes and avocados.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the tomatoes and avocados, add cilantro, and toss mixture to coat. Serve with dippers; such as whole-grain tortilla chips or crackers. (Recipe inspiration from Cooking Classy)
Cucumbers are super healthy, and they also keep you hydrated. Help your toddler stay “cool as a cucumber” on a hot summer day by serving this salad!
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 can of sweet golden corn, drained
- 1 can of low-sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- Your favorite vinaigrette dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss with your favorite vinaigrette dressing, and enjoy! (Recipe inspiration from Popsugar Fitness)
Blueberry Probiotic Smoothie
Blueberries are high in antioxidants and vitamins. This recipe is super quick and easy- perfect for when you’re on the go! The probiotics in this smoothie help your toddler maintain a healthy gut and immune system.
- 1 cup of blueberry flavored kefir milk
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tbsp granola
- Pour kefir milk and blueberries into blender and blend on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour smoothie into a toddler-friendly cup and top with granola. Enjoy!
Now that you have some great recipes, it’s time to enjoy a summertime meal with your toddler! Your toddler will love these delicious recipes, made with nourishing, healthy ingredients. Go outside, spread out a blanket, (link to KYTEbaby toddler blanket in sky/ocean), and enjoy a yummy picnic with your toddler!
Written by Karen Richards