Tomorrow is Saint Patrick’s Day, the day we all wear green and celebrate Irish culture. While others are out drinking green beer, we are staying in and enjoying these simple yet delicious Lucky Krispie Treats with our kiddos. They are so easy to make and happen to be a super fun family activity! You could even craft these tonight with your little helper, and bring them to the Saint Patty’s Day party tomorrow.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 1 pkg. Mini Marshmallows
- cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 5-10 drops of Green Food Coloring
Here’s how to do it:
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Slowly add mini marshmallows a few handfuls at a time, stirring all the while, until mixture is melted thoroughly.
- Add drops of green food coloring, you only need a few but I added more to ensure my treats were truly green.
- Stir and watch the swirl of color take over the mixture!
- Remove from heat, pour into mixing bowl with Rice Krispie cereal.
- Stir completely, place into a 13x9in nonstick pan. I smacked it a few times with a wooden spoon to flatten it out in the pan.
- Let cool, cut into snackable squares. Enjoy!
Written by Dani Haberly